The Estonian Food Industry Association is a partner in the Allergofood project, which is trying to determine allergens in food.
The aims and gain of the project are:
- To develop a method for the testing of allergens in food and food production equipment that caters for the needs of both the consumer and the manufacturer;
- To make allergen-free food easier to spot thanks to high-quality labelling;
- To identify the most common food allergens and the prevalence of food allergies in the Estonian population;
- To improve awareness among the general population and food manufacturers about food allergies;
- To develop common recommendations for the prevention of allergies.