Ferrero has long being committed to providing consumers with a reasonable and acceptable energy content per portion.
More than 55% of Ferrero’s individually wrapped products have portions with less than 100 Kcal and more than 90% have portions with less than 150 Kcal.
In 2015, the following main results were achieved:
- Kinder products are manufactured in individual portions weighing between 5 and 43g, which is among the smallest in their category;
- More than 70% of Ferrero’s total volume of products is presented in portions weighing less than 25g and more than 80% are made available in portions weighing less than 45g;
- More than 70% in volume of Ferrero’s products are offered in portions with less than 100 kcal and more than 95% in portions with less than 150 kcal;
- Ferrero products do not exceed a level of 255 mg/100g of salt and the majority of products are below 150 mg/100g;
- Ferrero stopped using hydrogenated fats since 2006;
- Ferrero continues to develop products whose fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidant, etc. are naturally derived from the raw materials used;
- Almost half of Ferrero products have a “Low Glycemic Index” and almost half of Ferrero products have a “Medium Glycemic Index”, only around 5% of products have a “High Glycemic Index”;
- Most of Ferrero products are designed for consumption in the between meals eating episodes (42,9%) or occasionally (33,7%).